Located at 800 Granby Road next to Hunter Wright Stadium, Dogwood Park opened in December 2008 as Kingport's first dog park.
The park is a 3 acre area with a 6-foot high, vinyl-coated fence. It is further divided into two sections with a 3-foot high fence separating a 2 1/2 acre section for large dogs and a 1/2 acre section for smaller dogs. The park is gently-sloped with lots of shade, benches and jug-filler water fountains on each side.
Dogwood Park is secured by a keyless entry system which provides owners with assurance that other dogs have had the proper vaccinations and also provides an added measure of safety at the park.
- All dogs in the park must wear a collar, ID tag, current rabies tag, and a park registration tag.
- Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately.
- Choke, prong, pinch, and spike collars are prohibited from use in the park and must be removed before entering the park.
- Dogs must be healthy and have current vaccinations (rabies, parvo / distemper / bordatella). Dogs with contagious conditions / illnesses are prohibited.
- Dogs must be 4 months of age or older to enter park.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting the park