Friendship Dog Park
DOG PARK RULES
- Dog must be kept on a leash until the handler and dog(s) are in the dog park and the entrance gates are fully secure.
- Handlers must be in possession of a dog leash no longer than six (6) feet.
- Dogs must be accompanied by their handlers. Handlers must maintain voice control over their dog(s) and keep them in sight while visiting the park.
- No more than two dogs per handler are allowed of leash at any time.
- Dog Behavior can be unpredictable around other dogs and strangers. For the safety of all dogs at the park immediately leash your dog if he exhibits aggressive behavior and leave the park area.
- Dogs must be older than (4) months and be currently licensed and vaccinated.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated for rabies. Dogs must wear license tags.
- Dogs with communicable diseases are not allowed in the dog park at any time.
- To discourage aggressive behavior, the City of Avondale recommends that dog handlers only bring dogs that have been spayed or neutered. Absolutely no female dogs in heat are allowed in off-leash area.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and food are not permitted in the dog park.
- Handlers are responsible for picking up their dog(s) feces and disposing of it in the designated trash cans.
- Handlers are responsible for the acts and conduct of their dog at all times. Dog handlers assume all risks related to the use of the park.
- Dogs are not permitted to dig. Dog handlers must fill holes if created by their dog(s).
- Handlers must quiet dogs that bark, howl, or whine excessively.
- Permits are required for all organized activities.
- When leaving the dog park, handlers must leash their dogs and continue to observe all park and local animal control laws.
They recently renovated the park and it's great! They added a splash pad and all new playground equipment. There are shaded picnic areas for adults to sit while the children play. Also they added restrooms right next to the playground. Previously, the restrooms were quite far the the play area. They also have separate playgrounds for the younger kids. It's a great park.
Large park with lots to do! Splash pad for the kids, soccer/football fields, duck/fishing pond, multiple playgrounds etc. Always well maintained and I never have any trouble with the people that go there. Mostly families and people walking dogs.
We went they're on a Saturday and there were 3 parties going on. The playground has so many different options for the kids and is very nicely spread out that it didn't feel crowded at all. Very clean and safe feeling park to brink little kids to.
Gabby P Ñalosa
It's a great place for all the family. It's remodeled, beautiful. There are sports fields, picnic areas, clean restrooms, very nice playgroung, a splash pad, a pond, dog park and big parking lot... And easy access.
Our family loves this park. It has a splash pad for the summer, three separate playgrounds for different ages and recreational fields for sports. We love feeding the ducks as well.